Monday 4 March 2013

Day Jaunts has moved!


I’ve known for some time now that to have real cred in the blogophere you need to self-host your blog.  I put it off for a while, researched, put it off for a while longer, asked lots of questions, procrastinated again, thought it all too hard, asked some more questions until finally I was ready.  I knew it was time, like a bird leaving the nest, to shed the easy world of Blogger and dive into my very own website.
So on Saturday afternoon I started.  And 4 beers later, before Ben had even finished cooking me dinner I had the bones completed.
I surprised myself by installing Wordpress without having to ask for any help and almost fell off my chair when I imported all of my posts to the new site without a hitch.  Sure a few elements took me a while (and the odd YouTube tutorial) to master and there are plenty of widgets and plugins still to add but all in all I’m pretty proud of my effort. 

So come on over to my new site at




Check out the awesome post slider thingy it has at the top of the page! It’s awesome, even if I do say so myself.   

And here’s a photo of a giraffe.  According to my Google search results it’s what the people want.



No comments:

Post a Comment